The positions are vacant for 2 assistant civil engineers in NY
The Bureau of Engineering Design & Construction is inviting applications to fulfill the positions of two Assistant Civil Engineers for the In-House Design (IHD) Division, Civil Section in Lefrak Office in Queens, NY.
The selected candidates have to work in tandem with the Lead Design Engineer and help in executing capital projects during the design and construction phase by arranging the engineering documents along with drawings, calculations, and specifications for large, complicated projects for water supply and wastewater facilities.
The job responsibilities will involve arranging said engineering documents for civil site development of water supply facilities, water tunnels, wastewater pumping stations, wastewater treatment systems, and other miscellaneous facilities. Specific work assignments comprise of performing investigations and field visits; evaluating shop drawings; requests for information; arranging and finishing change order documentation; helping in project schedule development; communicating and coordinating with other engineers and stakeholders; and documenting issues/resolutions in issues logs.
- A baccalaureate degree from a certified college in civil engineering and one year of full-time satisfactory experience in civil engineering work; or
- A baccalaureate degree from a certified college and a Master's degree from a certified college in civil engineering.
- Well versed with the planning, layout and details of contract drawings, specifications, shop drawing review, field inspections and investigations.
- Superior computer software skills in applying Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Good knowledge in designing site plans, piping plans, grading and drainage plans, and storm water management for facilities throughout and post construction.
- Understanding of using the code requirements, standards for design and construction, making of technical reports, applying related design software as well as superb communication and writing skills.
- Special consideration will be provided to the candidates having three years of full time experience in civil site design.
- Special consideration will be provided to the candidates with experience drafting in AutoCAD (Autodesk) and Civil 3D.
- Special consideration will be provided to the candidates who have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- A Motor Vehicle Driver’s License valid in the state of New York may be necessary for some assignment.
To apply online, go through the following link.