Some vital notes for civil engineers to implement on the job site
This useful civil engineering tutorial throws light on some fundamental knowledges for civil engineers which are vital to implement on the jobsite.
- Dead load signifies self weight of structure.
- DPC stands for Damp Proof Course. The density of DPC should not remain below 2.5 cm.
- If the sand contains in excess of 5% moisture content, that should not be applicable for concrete mix.
- The curing period of RCC is 28 days.
- Ties belong to the transverse reinforcement that is arranged in columns.
- The stirrups belong to the transverse reinforcement in beams.
- The purpose of stirrups in beams and ties in columns is to manage the shear force as well as retain the longitudinal bars in exact location.
- M20 grade of concrete should be applied in slab construction. The ratio of mix should be 1:1.5:3
Also read : CIVIL ENGINEERING SOLVED PROBLEMS, 8TH ED – AN EXCLUSIVE E-BOOK FOR NCEES CIVIL PE EXAM PREPARATION
- The length of the hook should not remain below 9D where D stands for dia of bars.
- The rise in stairs should be among 150 mm to 200 mm.
- Tread in staircase should be among 250 mm to 300 mm.
- The slope or pitch of the stair should remain among 25 degrees to 40 degrees.
- Unit weight of PCC is 24 KN/m2, RCC is 25 KN/m2 and steel is 7850 kg/m2.
- If the cement is over 3 months old, then it should be utilized for construction.
- Standard size of brick should be 19 cm x 9 cm x 4 cm or 19 cm x 9 cm x 9 cm.