Cantilever Slab Reinforcement Details
This is a very useful and informative video for civil engineering students. By going through this civil engineering video one can learn the step by step process necessary for cantilever slab reinforcement.
The video makes discussions on the following points :-
- Beam with bent up bars.
- Stirrups should be raised adjacent to the supports.
- Column stirrups should continues inside the beams.
- Positive reinforcement bars.
- Bent up bars should extend along the cantilever and then bend down and go back to support.
- Supplementary negative reinforcement is expanded over the cantilever and goes on inside the slab.
- Secondary reinforcement for cantilevers.
Slabs may extent in one direction or in two directions and they are supported on monolithic concrete beam, steel beams, walls or directly with the columns in structure.