A position is vacant for senior estimator in New York
A leading construction firm that deals with heavy civil and highway construction, is seeking a senior estimator in Brooklyn, New York.
Remuneration Package : Basic salary $1,50,000 - 1,90,000 or market rate + bonus
- Heavy construction/highway/bridge work construction/rehabilitation projects.
- Substructure/superstructure cast in place and precast concrete.
- Utility work along with storm drainage, sanitary sewer and water main work.
- All cut/fill, milling, concrete & asphalt paving, site developments like concrete sidewalks, curbs, demolition, site, road and earth work.
- Bridge/Deck replacements/temporary structures.
- Structural steel production.
Requirements & Knowledges
- Ability to perform takeoff and pricing properly in an exact way.
- Strong knowledge for all DOT, MTA, Transit, DDC and any other vital owners' work, specification and payments.
- Knowledge in design build and technical proposals will be an added advantage.
- Adequate knowledge in construction schedule and ability to guide and work with the scheduler.
- Capability for evaluating subcontractor proposals from electrical, mechanical, steel, HVAC subcontractor.
- Knowledge with estimating work for NYC public agencies like NYC DEP, NYC DDC, NYC MTA, NYC DOT, PANYNJ.
- Ability to make analysis of bid item quantities for overruns and underruns.
- Supervise a team of 1-3 estimators.
To apply for the job, send your resume through mail as a word attachment to email@example.com